accessing https URLS with basic authentification

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:47:33 EDT 2009

2009/5/11 Ben Rubinstein <benr at cogapp.com>

> Any insights gratefully received,

None I can think of Ben - had a similar problem trying to debug an https
connection. The only thing I can think of is changing HTTP Agent in the
headers - it is the sort of thing that https sites do block. AFAIK - https
conections are completely wrap http connectionas within an ssl layer? If so
- then basic auth should not be affected in any way at all. Let us know if
you figure out a way to debug HTTPS connections :)