App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 10 03:24:10 EDT 2009

This is something to do with 32 bit fonts, isn't it, but its hard to see why
one machine running Puppy should get it and not another.

you enter boot parameters, and you just key it in.  Its 'puppy' followed by
a string of some sort.  But again, why that should make a difference is not
obvious.

It will be interesting to use the app and see what's happening.  Slitaz is
really amazingly tiny.  Of course it is very limited, and the fonts are
particularly limited, think there only was one or maybe two!  But if you are
looking for a turnkey fast platform to ship with an application, this has to
be a candidate.  Its smaller than DSL and much more normal looking.  And you
can add the fonts you're using.

Peter