Why Rev needs a cookbook (newb questions)

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:21:59 EDT 2009

Do you mean 'Danny Goodman' the man, or 'Danny Goodman' the
wonderful book about Hypercard?

As far as I know the man is "off, elsewhere"; i.e. not interested in
Hypercard's successors:

http://www.dannyg.com/

I have a copy of the book; currently languishing in my attic
in Scotland, it will be retrieved AFTER the conference.

Among my many other misplaced fantasies, which rarely bear
fruit, is the idea of "doing a Goodman:' or, to put it more
crudely, following his book, almost page for page, to produce
a Runtime Revolution equivalent.

His HC book, while being interesting historical reading for folk like
me, is now so distant, time-wise, and so out-dated, that as such I
don't think it would be much use for new RR users.

However, what his book can serve as is a skeleton on which to build
an "intro to RR" book, as it has a very good series of fairly clearly
demarcated steps.