Dynamically resize members of a group

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Sat May 9 17:04:54 EDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 2:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Roger-
>
> Saturday, May 9, 2009, 10:11:23 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Can anyone suggest a way to dynamically resizing objects of a group
>> as
>> the group is resized? Specifically, I have a pair of lines who's
>> lengths I would like to adjust by resizing the group they belong to.
>> Thanks for your help.
>
> In rev 3.5 the resizeControl message is now sent to the group first. I
> handle it there and then resize the grouped controls individually.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder

Thank you, Mark. Here is a script that answers my own question:

local foo1Pts,foo2Pts,y1,y2

on selectedObjectChanged
    put line 1 of the points of grc foo1 into foo1Pts
    put line 1 of the points of grc foo2 into foo2Pts
    put item 2 of line 2 of the points of grc foo1 into y1
    put item 2 of line 2 of the points of grc foo2 into y2
    pass selectedObjectChanged
end selectedObjectChanged

on moveControl
    put line 1 of the points of grc foo1 into foo1Pts
    put line 1 of the points of grc foo2 into foo2Pts
    put item 2 of line 2 of the points of grc foo1 into y1
    put item 2 of line 2 of the points of grc foo2 into y2
    pass moveControl
end moveControl

on resizeControl
    put the mouseH into newX
    set the points of grc foo1 to foo1Pts,newx,y1
     set the points of grc foo2 to foo2Pts,newx,y2
end resizeControl

Thanks and cheers,
Roger