Multi-cores and standalones

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Sat May 9 13:08:39 EDT 2009

Does anyone know how or if multiple standalones use memory space or
cores? I realize they are not multi-threaded or multi-core aware. But
let's say you had five or six standalones running. Are they all in the
same space, using the same core? Or does the system dispatch and
allocate them?

I am asking as I have a large computation project where multiple
standalones make sense just from an i/o perspective. I am curious about
how efficient this really is in terms of how they behave in a
multi-core/large memory space.