Another newb question - How to you clear a field?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 8 16:30:55 EDT 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Stephen Cox wrote:

> The biggest problem I am having is figuring out what to search for.
> The
> language is so unique. So take my question about emptying a field.
> Be easy
> in an OOP language: empty(Text_field.text) - or something to that
> effect.
> So I would search on "empty" and get tons of info on the function and
> various examples.. AND user comments.
>
> Now in Revolution it's also easy but completely different then any of
> language. So I search the Dictionary on "empty", got nothing; then
> "Text
> Entry Field", got nothing; then asked here.
>
> I'm not harping on Revolution. I like it. It's just different from
> anything
> else on the market. So a FAQ that shows JAVA or C syntax alongside
> Revolution would be a god-send. Just some common functions and
> procedures.
> The manual is good, but has no reference to other languages. It
> would help
> get my head out of OOP into Revolution.

Welcome, Stephen.

<shameless plug>
I teach Revolution classes for complete novices, and I have my
tutorials online at

http://revolution.byu.edu

Even though you're an experienced programmer, you might find some of
the tutorials useful, especially the ones on the Revolution scripting
language, because I describe how basic concepts in the language work--
things like variables, literals, if-then, and loops. There's another
link for Scripting Language Examples, that just shows examples of
various statements.
</shameless plug>

And please don't stop asking newbie questions. As Jacque said, we love
them, and they're a lot more fun that some of the esoterica we engage
in here.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay