App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri May 8 09:33:16 EDT 2009

Hiya,

They are in /var/log not sure if this type of thing might show up in /
var/log/messages

more -f /var/log/messages

Are you double-clicking or starting it from the Terminal? The
Terminal might throw up what the error is.

In some instances I've spotted that the executable bit is mangled if
you transfer the installer from a USB/memory stick, had this happen
in 8.04 and not in 8.10.
Not tested in 9.0x. Wondering if this applies to other distros.

Does it run as root?

Cheers,

Luis.