App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 7 17:12:59 EDT 2009

Ken

Its very strange.  I have now tried both Puppy and Slax.  One of my own apps
which has a splash and then the stack proper starts up and works fine in
Puppy in Vesa.  In fact its very fast indeed.  The color scheme and theme is
a little garish and the fonts don't fit quite perfectly, but it works.

It will not start at all in Slax.  Nothing else seems to want to start
either in Slax or Puppy.  The IDE when started as the 'open with' app, asks
for the registration code again.  I didn't have this in the live CD so will
have to write it down on paper and then reenter it.  Hope that doesn't screw
anything up.   I think it would not start at all as an executable in either
Slax or Puppy.  My stuff is very very simple.  Maybe the other apps have
some commands or functions that are blowing up?

It is going to take more systematic work and noting down carefully what is
done and what happens.  More later.

Peter

Peter