Stack updater

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Wed May 6 21:25:18 EDT 2009

I'm putting together an updater stack whose purpose will be to take two
stack of identical structure and update the button and field scripts
from the "source" stack and copy them them to the "destination" stack.
What I'm doing now is to open both the source and destination stack and
going back and forth, updating the script of the buttons and fields one
at a time. Then saving and closing when it's done. But if I have a set
of stacks that have substacks (which I may or may not want to update) I
know that Rev doesn't like to have two stacks with the same name open at
the same time, should I, for example, get the script of button 1 of
stack 1, close it, go to stack 2 and update the script of button 1, save
and close, etc until everything is updated, or is there a better suggestion?

Thanks for any help,
Marty Knapp