"set the externals" question

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed May 6 08:20:44 EDT 2009

I have a standalone, which opens several other stacks. Is there a way to
have any of these other stacks access an external WITHOUT having to "set
the externals" of the standalone?

It's much easier for me if I need only modify one of the stacks. I'd
like to avoid modifying the standalone.

I've tried:

1. using the "set the externals" command in the preopenstack handler in
one of the stacks (i.e. not the standalone app), but this didn't work
during runtime;

2. setting the externals of one of the stacks in the development
environment (so I can see that the external is being referenced in the
stack property inspector). This didn't work during runtime.

I'm testing this under Windows, but any solution would need to work on a
Mac as well. It's the videograbber.dll (in the Rev Externals folder)
that I'm trying to access during runtime.

Thanks.
Richard Miller