App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:41:54 EDT 2009

Was your standalone for Linux built FOR Linux on Windows, or transferred
as a stack onto
the target platform (Linux) and then built as a standalone?

This may seem a bit of a goofy question, but every single time I have
built a standalone
for a platform on another platform I have ended up with something that
doesn't function
very well.  Considering the vast difference between Windows and the
various forms of Linux
I am not surprised.