Embeded images don't showed in standalone

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:52:17 EDT 2009

This: "problems with images inside invisible buttons disappearing before
being clicked"

has caused me considerable grief in the past; owing almost entirely to
my stupidity:

imagine a button which references an image 'tucked away' on the same
card as its icon -

NOW, the image is referenced by its object number (e.g. 1002).

So, I, unthinkingly copied a whole lot of buttons and the images they
referenced as icons
from one card across many subsequent cards.  The buttons lost their
icons the next time the stack was opened
because the images they referenced had acquired new object numbers.

As a consequence of learning the hard way I tend to use imported images
as buttons rather
than buttons qua buttons that reference images; if I really feel an urge
to have different icons
representing different button states then each button has to be set up
individually and cannot
then be copied across to another card without re-referencing the icon
images.