Data grid, cut and paste

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 5 10:23:56 EDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 6:06 PM, Sadhu Nadesan wrote:

> Cut and paste is not working in my data grids, with standard windows
> shortcuts, like, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.  (nothing happens).  But
> when I create a simple test stack with the only object a simple data
> grid, these keyboard short cuts work fine.  I haven't removed any of
> the code in the column behavior scripts - any idea why this is
> happening?  None of my menu shortcuts uses X, C, or V.  Or any idea
> what to do about it, such as, should I try to code this
> functionality as choices on an edit menu?
>
> I want to be able to copy from one cell to another, with Ctrl-C to
> copy in cell A, and Ctrl-V to paste in cell B.

Keys weren't being passed properly in 3.5 gm-1 for editable fields.
Try the version at the following url and let me know if it works for
you as key passing has been fixed if an editable field is open.

<http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/tools/revdatagridlibrary.rev.zip

Installation: Back up the existing "revdatagridlibrary.rev" stack file
in your "Toolset" folder (alongside the Revolution IDE executable) and
then drop in this new stack file.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore