data grid, custom sorting

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 5 07:54:36 EDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 6:00 PM, Shao Sean wrote:

> > You could then format the data for display in the FillInData
> message.
>
> I am, and when I tell it to sort on that column it sorts it based on
> the displayed values and not the values in the dgData variable.. I
> will try out the new build you mention in another post and see how
> that works..

Sorting should always happens with the data stored in the dgData
variable. You can confirm this by looking at SortDataByKey which is
the handler used. If you are seeing unexpected results then there is
either a bug, data in a format different then you intended or the
wrong sort type is being used. If you have a stack you can send me
with some sample data I can take a look.

> thank you for the updates and the sample code (in other messages)..
> i look forward to giving it a try and hopefully stream-lining my
> code down to the two lines ^_^

No problem. I hope you can get it down to two lines too :-)

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems