Fwd: data grid, custom sorting

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:16:45 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Shao Sean <shaosean at wehostmacs.com> wrote:
> I have raw file sizes in bytes (as is customary) but am displaying it
> formatted (KB, MB, etc) but the sorting of the column is obviously not
> sorted correctly. Is there a way to sort on the actual data in the dgData so
> the it sorts correctly? Or failing that, if I hide a column with the raw
> file sizes and trap the header sorting, is there a way to sort on the "size"
> column but have the header selected on the "sizeFormatted" column?

Sounds like time for one of Jacque's brilliant custom sort functions,
assuming you can do that with a datagrid.

I think it would be something like this, but I'm sure Jacque will
correct me if I have it wrong:

sort lines of fld "Whatever" by sizeSort(item 3 of each)

function sizeSort pSize
   if word 2 of pSize = "KB" then
      return pSize * 1024
   else if word 2 of pSize = "MB" then