Dumb Newbie Questions -- 3 of N

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 2 12:50:05 EDT 2009

Richmond, I think you may be making it too complicated.  You are right about
the terminology of course, it doesn't help.

I've never found any need to create a custom property of a button and find
it a bit hard to guess why one would.  But in any case, if you want to
experiment with CPs, why not just start out creating custom properties of
the stack, then you can always refer to them as 'the xxx of this stack'.
Then putting and reading and so on works just fine in the usual way.

There is probably a lot more to it than this, but just to start out with, it
really is this simple.  Also, if all your CPs are properties of the stack
they are all in one place and will not wander off and get lost which makes
life simpler.

Peter