Dumb Newbie Questions -- 3 of N

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 2 04:51:59 EDT 2009

I set up a stack with a button "Holder" which contains 3 custom properties:

dataDish
custardPie
sexyMessage

containing, respectively, tab-delimited data, a number, and a string.

All very straightforward . . .

However, when I tried this:

on mouseUp
  put the customProperties of btn "Holder" into fld "fPROPS"
end mouseUp

nothing happened, and, confusingly, I had to do this instead:

on mouseUp
  put the customKeys of btn "Holder" into fld "fPROPS"
end mouseUp

at which point I got a list of the names of the customProperties of
button "Holder".

Dumb Q:  why do we have to use 'customKeys', while 'customProperties'
refers to something else?

'userProperties' doesn't seem particularly clearer.

'customPropertySet' made me run away into the kitchen for a strong cup
of coffee:

"Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum."