Dumb Newbie Questions -- 1 of N

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:16:29 EDT 2009

Maybe I'm having conceptual problems, but a custom
property looks awfully like another container (such as a
variable or a field) rather than a property as such.

I realise that a custom property can be used as a data-source
more rapidly than a field because it doesn't come with all
the 'trappings' of an object. However, what is not clear to me
is whether I can access data stored in the custom property
of an object from a script in another, rather like the way I can
access data stored in a field on a different card to the one
I am 'calling' from.