applescript - shell and Quick Look

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri May 1 06:30:19 EDT 2009

Jim,

thanks for this.

I tried the -t option. Then it shows in a white window instead of the black
one. Since it is a thumb you can not scroll through multipage pdfs for
example. It shows only the first page. For images this is quite ok. One can
get the up to the original size by fiddling with the parameters.

here is a script with some variations of the commands
------------------------
on mouseUp
   answer file "please choose ..."
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theFile
   put apostrophe (theFile) into theFile
   put "qlmanage -t " & "-s 900 " & theFile into tcmd -- apparently it sets
it to max orig size, white window
   -- put "qlmanage -t " & "-f 5 " & theFile into tcmd ---- apparently it
sets it to max orig size, white window
   -- put "qlmanage -p " & theFile into tcmd -- shows it in a black window
   get shell  (tCmd)
   if the result is not empty then put the result
end mouseUp

function apostrophe what
   return "'" & what & "'"
end apostrophe