Animate contents of a stack/card to turn like a page

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 30 13:29:56 EDT 2009

mfstuart wrote:
> I'd like to animate the contents on a stack or a card or even a field, to
> animate the contents like turning a page of a book/magazine/newspaper. It
> would turn from the top-right to bottom-left. Or something like that.
> This would have to be a cross-platform solution.
>
> Q: Can the animation do this?
> Or
> Q: can I do this without the animation engine, and do it with the RunRev
> engine alone?
>
> If so how?

Good news:  the "answer effect" command gives you access to QuickTime's
transition dialog, which provides a stunning variety of transition effects.

Bad news: page turning isn't among them.* :(

I good page-curling transition would be nice to have, but I'm not sue it
could even be done with an external (is there an API for imaging
unopened cards?).

You might consider submitting a request for that.  In the meantime, you
may have to make due with something like the "push" effect for now.

* Also absent from that QT dialog is the Ken Burns effect, in which
images are moved, zoomed, and faded simultaneously during the
transition.  It's a gorgeous effect, and since it's used in multiple
apps in OS X I suspect there's an API for it somewhere.  But it's not in
the QT dialog we get with "answer effect", and I've found no way to
emulate it in scripting.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World