launch URL does not open Outlook

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Thu Mar 26 16:33:12 EDT 2009

Written by Sarah Reichelt :: Mar 25, 2009 - 11:43 PM

Hi Sarah,
I ran the following in a test stack on the text that I have an issue with, for the ASCII chars from 1 to 255:
Here are the results for characters that are outside the range of the From and To below:
Test 1 - from 1 to 255 = 0 chars
Test 2 - from 1 to 127 = 1 char: ö (char number 148)
Test 3 - from 33 to 127 = 904 chars (which includes duplicates)

So the "lower" ASCII char range maybe the issue. I'll have to test that in the application.
I'll let you know that result soon.

Regards,
Mark Stuart

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM, mfstuart <mfstuart at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
> Jacque emailed my off line and suggested checking that each character was
> within 1 to 255 - charToNum(theChar).
> So I created a simple stack with a repeat for each char theChar in
> theMessageText.
> And found no chars outside that range.
> For instance: Björnke - each character is within 1 to 255.
> I'm assuming this is the way to do this?
>
> Also, what is non-standard characters, I guess is the question from me?

I would check for characters in the ASCII range 1 - 127 as different
systems encode the higher numbered characters differently.

Cheers,
Sarah

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems