Is this off topic? Enterprise 3 script editor issues

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Wed Mar 25 13:18:35 EDT 2009

Aloha,

I admit to basically only lurking on this list and not reading every
post, so my apologies if this doesn't belong here, and I should be
pointed elsewhere. I'm an occasional user of Revolution as opposed to
a full time developer, for about 9 years or so.

Context:

I've been using Studio for a while because we don't have Oracle in house,
and most of the Rev code (I like the term X-talk which is another subject)
I write is for Linux scripts (instead of Bash or Perl for example.)
But due to a price special offer, and the need to write a Windows app,
I recently upgraded to the new Enterprise Edition version 3.0.  This has
a revamped script editor.

Problem:

Well there is always the associated confusion when faced with new
choices and missing choices where they were once expected, the usual
learning curve, and of course, I'd rather proceed without having to read
all the doco.  Also, disclaimer, I'm not trying to document bugs with
any precision such as 'how to duplicate' etc.  It's just that I have
noticed issues.  So I thought I'd bring it up to see what response was
forthcoming?

Example:  the save doesn't seem to save!  At least, not always.  Eeek,
good thing I kept some backup copies, else I would have lost work.

Example: the auto formatting doesn't work as well as it use to.
There was formerly a choice called format this handler, which fixed all
the identing problems (I often use VI which is such a powerful editor,
but then pasting into Rev could count on the formatting being fixed).
My off-identing is no longer fixed by the editor.

Example: the tool palette, the one on the left with the buttons for
text fields, labels and so forth, seems to go missing.  How to get it
back seems to be inconsistent, sometimes I can choose (something,
different things) on the tools drop down and that does it, sometimes
not.

This is on Windows XP professional.

I bumped into other stuff as well but in this post I'm just sort of
bringing up the general topic - are these well known issues other
people have vocalized and are being looked at, or am I just in need of
instruction or what?

Thanks for listening,
Sadhu