Rev presentation tool - PowerPoint alternative?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 24 13:51:54 EDT 2009

Hi from Paris,

I grabbed the idea of using Revolution as a
presentation tool quite early on.

I build many of my slides using EazyDraw (today
I can't do without it). I can export them in PDF
form (which I prefer for its precision) and
also JPEG. Of course JPEG is easier for Rev.
I use Snap'nDrag to select bits and bobs of
existing diagrams, photos, texts, etc.

I have two types of presentation procedures :

1 - A rev stack which can run a presentation of
external files (such as JPG files, photos),
Simple controls on this display, so that you can
have automatic or manual display (time display
for individual screens, stop, reverse, etc.
makes it a perfectly viable presentation solution.

2 A rev stack where I paste onto each card, the
contents of the clipboard (whatever you like).
and build my presentation slides internally
I use this form, for example, to display stage
scenario (actor/singer positions and movement)
for our Musical Comedies. This way, I can show
a Musical Comedy "Movement" in real time, or
step by step - a valuable tool for Directors.
I also add music (MP3) where required.

I have a number of "model" Rev stacks  (empty,
of course, but containing all controls). I choose
one which fits my requirements, and can build
a presentation very quickly. And, of course, it
is multiplatform, for those unfortunate people
who have to go through life on a PC :>)

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"