[even more OT] Talking Heads

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 06:10:35 EDT 2009

Java is open source by now: GPL with Classpath exception.
There are several open-source projects regarding Java, of which OpenJDK6 and OpenJDK7 are run by Sun, and where they've worked on replacing copyrighted code with new open-source implementations; but there is also IcedTea (an 'unencumbered' port to BSD) and SoyLatte (a derivative of IcedTea to run Java 6 on 32-bit Intel Macs)
And then there's the GCJ and Apache Harmony projects; or Google's Dalvik variant which powers the Android mobile phone.

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====