[even more OT] Talking Heads

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 14:43:51 EDT 2009

Lynn Fredricks wrote:

"I think we are agreed that the Patent system is on the Road to Nowhere :-)"

Um:

1. Copyright?

2. Open Source?

3. Co-existence between several models.

And, in the case of software, where does a patent end and copyright start?

Consider a small problem:

A while ago I wrote a message to one of the high-ups at Ubuntu offering
to let them have FREE linux versions of a couple of programs I made about
6 years ago about Phonetics using RR.

They were refused on the grounds that, while I was entitled to distribute
standalones free, they were built using proprietary software.

Personally I thought they were being a bit silly.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.