suddenly not working -- Rev cgi plus mysql on webhost (DreamHost)

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Mar 23 12:40:33 EDT 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 03:10, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> OLD  WAY -->
> revSetDatabaseDriverPath "/home/USERID/USERID.com/myRevcgiFolder"
>
> NEW WAY -->
> revSetDatabaseDriverPath "/home/USERID/myRevcgiFolder"
> put revOpenDatabase("mysql","revsql.USERID.com","SQL name","SQL
> ID","SQL password") into connid
>  if connid is not a number then
>   put "Error: Could not open connection to database" && connid into
> buffer

Hi Nicolas

I think the path should be the "old" one, as your test-cgi does see
it's own path as such:
$SCRIPT_FILENAME = /home/USERID/USERID.com/myRevcgiFolder/revGlobals.cgi

What I'd try (into the blue) is using "localhost" instead of
"revsql.USERID.com" for the revOpenDatabase function.

Maybe you could get additional information? Does your sql database
exist? Can you look that up in the website management tool?

For debugging, can you make a script that uses try/catch, to get
additional debug information? Can you look at the error log (on many
webhosts you can't), Maybe you will find something interesting in there.

Basically, no idea...

Björnke

--

official ChatRev page: