Linux can't disable menuItems?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 23:24:14 EDT 2009

Bill,

I created a new main stack.  On it placed a dropdown menu with the usual
three default choices, and a button with a script reading:

  on mouseUp
   disable menuItem 2 of menu "test"
  end mouseUp

and, as for you, what comes up when I click is

Chunk: no such object
Object	Button
Line	disable menuItem 2 of menu "test"
Hint	test

What works is

  disable [or enable] menuItem 2 of button "test"

As does

  disable [or enable] button "test"

Unlike you, I got the same thing from the message box.

Dunno, its not quite as the dictionary says, but maybe you can't refer to
them as menus for some reason?  Was yours pulldown?  Hard to see why it
should be any different in Linux though.

Debian Lenny, Rev 3.0

Peter