Rev presentation tool - PowerPoint alternative?

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 21 15:23:26 EDT 2009

Is there a good Rev alternative to PowerPoint?

I just attended a conference sponsored by the American Society for
Engineering Education. Most talks said that traditional lectures are not
effective and we need new methods. But almost all speakers gave that
message in traditional lecture format using PowerPoint!

In my talk I wanted to show interactive software built with Rev. Waiting
until the very last minute, I didn't have time to make slides in a Rev
stack, so I used PowerPoint.

The biggest problem is that PowerPoint takes over the entire screen.
It's hard to go back and forth to a Rev stack without distraction. I
ended up saving the PowerPoint as web pages, then using Full Screen
Slide Show option which puts slides (as gifs) in a popup window that can
be resized smaller to allow access to the Rev stack with both windows
for the slides and stack on screen at same time. Would be nice to have a
Rev alternative that can do things like resize text to match screen
size, allow full or partial screen mode, etc.

Rich Herz
www.SimzLab.com