Tags in dialog boxes and the command: resetAll

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 21 13:26:27 EDT 2009

Recently, Jim Bufalini wrote:

>> There should be some means to "answer" raw tagged code without
>> rendering.
>
> I have to say I've always considered this a great "feature," which was added
> in I forget what version of Rev, but not too long ago (my sense of time can
> be warped sometimes ;-).
>
> As to "raw," I have a stack called Dialog, which I add as a substack to
> anywhere I need this or custom dialog. It has a Prompt field and OK, Cancel,
> buttons, etc. So for raw, I put into the field Prompt and go stack Dialog.
> For formatted, I put into the HTMLtext of field Prompt. Probably not the
> most elegant solution, but it works.

If I write "answer the script of button 1", I get to read the script of
button 1; the answer dialog doesn't try to run that code.

If I write "answer the text of of image 1", I can (sort of) read the binary
code of the image; the answer dialog doesn't try to render the image.

If I write "answer the fileName of player 1", I can view the disk location
of the player's content; the answer dialog doesn't try to play the video.

So why does the answer dialog render HTML?  It should not.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design