Navigation Embarrassment

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 18:44:16 EDT 2009

I thought I knew how these things worked. Even HC does this, I just found
out.

Two stacks, "A" and "B".   In a button handler on "A":

on mouseUp
   wait 200
   go stack "A" -- remember, I started here in "A"
end mouseUp

During the wait period, if I click anywhere on stack "B", the frontmost stack
remains "B" after the timeout. If, instead of "wait", I have a repeat loop
that allows me to click on stack "B" before it terminates, also leaves me in
"B". The click's loc is remembered with a vengeance. Far more than I would have
thought possible.

If I click in "B" and then do stuff to stack "A" in the interim, like put
data into a field there, it all works just fine. But I still have to manually
click back in "A" to bring it to the front. Popping cards, going to "A" five
times, nothing works.

It's like I am 1 hour into HC in '87; I can't believe I never noticed before.
This isn't even a Rev thing.

Craig Newman