"ss" function

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 19 11:49:01 EDT 2009

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> It seems that I spend half my life searching for snippits
> of code that I wrote in some stack, somewhere, sometime,
> and I can't for the hell of me remember where !!
>
> I don't know about you guys, but my new stacks often
> contain whole segments from previous stacks, plus of
> course, about 30 % of new specifics. The question is
> "In which darned stack did I put that segment of code" ?

I used to spend about as much time doing that same thing, so I made a
utility to find stuff for me, with the extra bonus that it searches
either a stack or everything in the current message path (including
frontScripts, libraries, and backScripts).

It's available in RevNet - in Rev see Development->Plugins->GoRevNet,
and once you're in look in Stacks for "4w_ScriptSearch.rev".

Once you load it just save it into your Plugins folder and it'll always
be just a menu item away when you need it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World