[ANN] I have a confession...

Todd Higgins higginsta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:49:21 EDT 2009

The simplest solution to this problem would be just make the machine
hibernate instead of sleep.

Here is the command:

sudo pmset -b hibernatemode 1

When on battery power and the sleep command is issued, the laptop will
write the memory to disk and then powerdown the machine.  I tested it
on my 1st gen. Macbook Pro, and it worked as advertised.

man pmset in the Terminal will give you the nitty gritty details about
the command, but I found an article online that explains it nicely:

http://www.pengekcs.com/2007/09/08/mac-os-x-hibernate-sleep-mode/

Regards,

Todd