Unix support past 2.5.1?

Scott Pepperdine spepper at byu.net
Wed Mar 18 16:31:26 EDT 2009

Specifically interested in IBM's AIX.

I need to do some server based programming (not CGI), so 2.5.1 may be
sufficient, it would just be comforting to know that Unix was not being
abandoned.

Is there a good way to get a concise list of what has been added since
2.5.1 to better evaluate its usefulness?  Or do I need to find 'release
notes' for each release since then and make my own list?

Thanks,
--Scott