HC Music that should be on Runtime Revolution

René Micout rmicout at online.fr
Wed Mar 18 07:12:52 EDT 2009

Judy,
In a previous message (no response at this time) I write : about
rewriting PlayCommandAgent from RealBasic to Transcript (an
idea... ?), and it is not necessary MIDI (but, I think, the solution
need CoreAudio (QuickTime ?) (for Mac) and equivalent for Windows and
Linux :

"...
For myself, I have 2 needs (requirements ?) : 1. Create MIDI file to
export sequencies to Logic by example. 2. Generate MIDI command
(notes by example) directly to QT synthesizer. The first requirement
is satisfy with a little tool that I have to make in large part with
help of Kurt Kaufman :-), for the second, I do, for the moment, with
SBplay, SBstartNote and SBstopNote of Jon Bettencourt use by
Shakobox. There is few month, Jacqueline say (write) to me that
PlayCommand Agent [PCA] was write with RealBasic. I don't use
RealBasic... But, maybe one of us use RealBasic and put au
disposition le RealBasic code's of PCA so it can be “translated“ and
rewritten in Transcript... and improved and expanded to meet needs
like mine... Pending Revolution implements natively equivalent
commands... It exists in SuperCard, so...
..."

Bons souvenirs de Paris
René