ANN: Kaleidoscopes for all seasons

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 15 14:45:33 EDT 2009

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:37:01 -0700
> From: Jim Ault <jimaultwins at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: ANN: Kaleidoscopes for all seasons
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> This looks like Rev 3.0 or higher is required.
> I am using 2.9 and can only use the first card.

All three card cards work here on 2.9, except for the 3rd card using
the 3D option.

I think I see what is happening on card 2 running 2.9. The Rainbow
option does use the gradient effects, so if you start with the
Rainbow option RR has nowhere to go when it gets to colorization.
Surprising that it does not run and an error. It appears to think the
MouseDown handler is just trying to set a custom property--that's
just my guess.

But if you run with the "Multichromatic" option FIRST, Run Rev 2.9
uses the colors assigned to the line graphic objects in the
"Multichromatic" option. Try running the second card with that option
first and see what happens. Works here.
Scott drew those 3D effects on the balls using 3.0's new gradient
effects. RR will allow the setting of custom properties generally but
balks at the form of the gradientData input to the "fillGradient."

> clicking "START" on the 'ball card'
> in 2D mode works
> in 3D mode gives this error:
> Array: bad index expression
> Object	BallGradientLib
> Line	set fillGradient of pObj to gradientData
> Hint	button id 1156 of card id 1159 of stack "Paint a Kaleidoscope"
>
> I really like the first card effects.  Very cool.
>
> Jim Ault
> Las Vegas
> *

> JB wrote:
>
> I really like your stack but I downloaded this version and can't
> see any
> difference between it and the first one posted.
>
> -=>JB<=-

Check out the "Rainbow" option on the second card.
In my mind this makes an important difference in the drawing speed as
well as the smooth transitions using the color gradient.

EVERYONE:

So here are the instructions I should have included for everyone
running 2.9:

Everything will work after a fashion. But:
1) On the second card run the multichromatic option first. There will
be no difference between the Multichromatic option and the Rainbow
option.
2) On the third card only the 2D option runs.

Jim Huley