My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Mar 12 08:38:37 EDT 2009

Richmond,

I should have known better than to respond :) But insofar as the use-list is
a "knowledge base" I thought I would add in this helpful command that had
been overlooked to the data stream.

I do not disagree at all with the idea that Rev should be able to play
multiple audio streams simultaneously, and perhaps even bend the pitch of
those audio streams. It would be a very nice addition to the multimedia
arsenal. I simply didn't want to wade through it all to deliver an answer.

I just tried out beep on my Mac; it worked fine. This is on 2.9, not
post-2.9. But it does play the defined System Alert, which may be invalid or
empty on your systems. I wasn't able to coax anything out of Ubuntu; looking
into it.

Glad you'll be attending the Edinburgh conference! Perhaps we should add
this to our marketing materials :)

- Bill