How to check, if QT has corrupted stack title

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Mar 12 07:41:35 EDT 2009

Tiemo,

> I am not looking for a workaround, to get the tile back, but I am still
> looking for a solution, if it is possible to analyze, IF the title is
> broken
> or not. Comparing the title with a string, doesn't works, because the
> title
> property is still ok, it is just an issue of the title display. If I could
> find out, IF the title is broken, I could set it to empty only on those
> machines, where it is broken and for the majority of the users I could
> show
> a title.

This is horrible, but:

function mungedTitleBar
   put the rect of this stack into myRect -- left,top,right,bottom

   put myRect into leftRect
   add 40 to item 1 of leftRect
   subtract 20 from item 2 of leftRect
   put item 1 of leftRect + 20 into item 3 of leftRect
   put item 2 of leftRect + 10 into item 4 of leftRect

   put leftRect into rightRect
   put item 3 of myRect - 90 into item 1 of rightRect
   put item 3 of myRect - 70 into item 3 of rightRect

   export snapshot from rect leftRect to foobarL as PNG
   export snapshot from rect rightRect to foobarR as PNG

   return foobarL = foobarR
end mouseUp

This function captures two swatches from the titlebar of the current window.
Assuming you have a window title that is longer than one or two characters
but not so long as to fill the entire window width, if the left swatch
matches the right swatch, then it's probably not displaying properly.