My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:22:07 EDT 2009

I mean, really, it clearly exists in PC gaming.
It does.  Even if I as a complete know-nothing can't figure out how to do it
in Rev.  Or in any language.  Somebody, no, clearly, MULTIPLE somebodies out
there in the game programming universe know how to make it happen.  On a PC.
   "They" probably don't even know diddly-squat about Macs.  But they can
make multiple simultaneous and programmed sounds happen on a PC.

It DOES exist.  All the gaming houses know it exists and they know how to do
it.

Why don't we know how to make it happen?

Okay, clearly, nobody is expecting that *I* know how to make it happen. (if
you're the odd soul holding your breath, stop now.  Breathe.  really.  you
need to breathe.)

But somebody really smart out there, really smart with respect to xTalks,
really aught to know how to make it happen, No?

Why is this asking too much?

And note that we've just shifted the discussion from "why isn't it
profitable to do" to again "why can't we do it/why isn't it possible to do
it?"

I am willing to accept that it's perhaps not profitable (tho' I think in the
end run it is profitable); just not that it's not possible.  Except for
linux of course; little seems to be possible there with respect to
multimedia unfortunately... tho' I'd love to be educated to the contrary.

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com