My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:47:35 EDT 2009

Richard,

Well what's not working isn't exactly not working, but somebody else noted
that an extra space in the notestring makes Shakobox execute incorrectly (if
you check earlier threads, what I was doing was retranscribing what I had
done in HC notation for Bach's Tocatta & Fuge in D-Minor into Shakobox in
single channel notation because channel 1 is as far as I got) -- the extra
empty space made it I think ignore all subsequent notestrings  (it played
one really, really long note).
Which I find strange.  It really can't be parsing 3-char notestrings EXACTLY
because, by definition, any given pitch can be described by one to four or
more chars.  So, parsing for a three-char note string can't make sense and
screw up the pitch-note duration production I would think.

That's why I was desperate enough to d/l Rebecca's (Jon's?) sourcecode and
RB as well to try to figure out what was happening.  Unlike you, I was up to
my armpits in stuff that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever ;-)

Which is why I do my best to lead the charge, carry the banner... you get my
drift I suspect.  ;-)

AND for anybody who wonders why I top-post, it's because it's what gmail,
yahoo-mail, PINE and MacOS X mail all provide as the default.  It may well
suck but apparently that is what real programmers want because that is what
they provide.

;-P

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com