My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:09:27 EDT 2009

Sorry, dogs ran across my keyboard and prematurely sent my email.  Rats!
 Too bad chihuahuas can't read...
Okay, Kurt:

I like your stack!  I really do.  And while I know you have confidence that
we can all be natively reading and writing MIDI-spec code in no time, I'm
just WAYYYY too old for that to be happening anytime soon.  ;-)

So, yeah, I want that nice 80s/90s-style ease of coding music.  Because I
and anyone who's ever played a musical instrument for even a year or three
can immediately grasp

play flute "e3q" etc.

Jeez, even my CS majors who've NEVER played an instrument can grasp that!

But few to none of them read MIDI natively ;-)

For the PC users here (does that include you, Richmond??)  there's also ABC
Code, which looks to be post-HC and kinda modelled on it:

http://www.music-notation.info/en/formats/abc.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2165625_abc-music-notation-sheet-music.html

http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/morris/music/wwwdance.html

http://abc.sourceforge.net/