[OT] Another hole in the Ozone layer

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 14:07:54 EST 2009

Richard Gaskin wrote:

"I installed my first CFL more than 15 years ago."

Sorry to say, I am way behind you: when we built our flat in
Bulgaria we installed all CFL bulbs: HOWEVER we didn't know
the difference between fake ones made in "funny places" and
real ones (in this case made in France), so were put to quite
an expense and a steep-learning curve.

As a result of fake CFL bulbs (average life expectancy; 3 weeks)
I am fairly am fairly chary of "green" things, while being,
nevertheless, terribly keen on GREEN things, especially when
they are, ultimately, less personally expensive.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.