Hilighting of selected row in Option button, doesn't hilight

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 4 22:34:48 EST 2009

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> The example I'm playing with, I created on a new stack. It's the only object
> on it.
> I just tried the combo button, and I get the same result as I did with the
> option button - no go.
> I've tried this example stack on 2 WinXP computers with RunRev 3.0 - same
> results.
>
> Anyone else getting the same result as me?

Oh. It's Windows -- I missed that. On Mac the behavior you want is the
default but on Windows it works as you describe. On that OS the menus
always display as a drop-down list. It responds to keyboard input so the
user can select with arrow keys and the return/enter key. Combo buttons
are the same. Popup buttons display the list at the location of the
cursor on either OS.

If you want to branch the code for the platform, you might be able to
use the "popup" command and put up a custom button list or stack. You'd
have to calculate the popup position and list selection in a script, but
it would let you put the menu wherever you want on screen.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com