[OT] Is there a future for CentOS or systems to run on your web server

GIRARD Damien dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Fri Jul 31 06:21:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sad is it, I am running CentOS as development workstation for its
maturity and like it. (I had just to compile Mono to have the latest
version).

Personnaly I am using thoses operating system, and each ones have its
usages:
- Graphical development: Windows. (Yes I like Windows).
- Embeded development: CentOS.
- Embeded operating system: Debian.
- Server: Solaris/OpenSolaris.

Since Rev 2.x we are all seeing the Sun logo at the startup of Rev, but
rev is not running on Solaris :/
This is sad because Solaris is a really good operating system for
server. I personnaly liked to use it. (ZFS, Zones, dTrace...)

My two cents...

Damien