[Data grid] an inert data grid ; how is it possible ?

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Jul 30 11:46:57 EDT 2009

Le 30 juil. 09 à 16:26, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> On Jul 30, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>
>> I have a data grid in a substack. It was running well for weeks up
>> to yesterday evening.
>> But, this morning, it was as "disabled" !
>>
>> Impossible to select a line, to sort any column, to get the dgText
>> of it, to add a line to it, and so on !
>>
>> Fortunately, there was not too much work to replaced it by a brand
>> new one which is working nicely,
>>
>> I would like to understand what  I could have done inadvertently to
>> get such a broken data grid
>> and then, what I should have done to fix it ?
>
> André,
>
> Based on your description it sounds like the data grid behavior has
> somehow become disconnected from the data grid. I have seen this
> happen with behaviors a few times but I have yet to track down a
> recipe. Have you recently moved the data grid at all?
>
> One way to check is to do this after opening your data grid in the
> IDE:
>
> set the behavior of group "My Data Grid" to the long id of button
> "Data Grid" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"
>
> Does it start working then?
>
> Yves - this sounds different then what you described to me in the
> email you sent.

Thank you Yves and Trevor for your answers.

Trevor, no, I did not move the involved data grid.

Actually, as I replaced my disconnected data grid with a new one (on a
new substack), I saved my old one as a main stack with a new name etc.
Despite that, I tried your solutions on it without success;  but I
guess this is not conclusive actually,  as my old dataGrid on my old
(ex)substack is now really disconnected, as there is not a
corresponding template substack any more !

Sorry to be unable to test your solution ; I should have been more
patient ;-))

Amitiés à vous deux de Grenoble
André