New (?) display problems in RevWeb

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 29 01:30:59 EDT 2009

I'm back again, refreshing my postings on the screen refresh rate
problems in revlets. And perhaps a clue to their origin.

Some of you are aware of the existing display problem when running Rev
in the IDE in OS X.
If an object is moved across the screen with "set the loc...."
command, it is necessary to force a screen refresh after each repeat
loop.
That screen refresh can be executed with an "unlock screen" or a "wait
1 millisec."

If you run the stack "DisplayProblemsOSX.rev" (see below)  in the Rev
IDE you can see the problem on the Mac side and how to fix it.

Run this in the message box to run the stack in the IDE:
go url "http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/DisplayProblemsOSX.rev"

But I find that the forced screen refresh does not work when running
the revlet  in the browser.
To see this, open the following  Web site to run the stack in your Web
browser:

http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/DisplayProblem/test.html

There are two cards. On the first a ball bumps along across the
screen. It should run smoothly.
On the second card a sentence is displayed slowly one character at a
time across a field.  Instead it jump along, several characters at a
time.

These problems may be cause by the same interference problem between
Rev screen refresh rate and the browsers refresh rate.
Just a guess. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

I would appreciate it if someone would run the stack in Windows. Is
this just a Mac problem? Thanks.

Jim Hurley