[ANN] Watch a video about a whole new approach to script editing

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Jul 28 11:53:18 EDT 2009

I can step in here. T-Rev and GLX2 are two different products. One does not
need the other.

T-rev is a radically different approach to editing scripts in Rev. The
former approach, tapping into Rev's Editor hooks from standard Rev windows
running in the IDE can be a dicy, moving-target nightmare for an outside
developer, and I'm sure Jerry's run into name-space and messaging issues
among other things. Daniels and Mara should get some kind of award for even
attempting Galaxy and GLX2. I'm sure it was a long way from being easy to
accomplish - and thanks for doing it.
But Jerry is a very smart and resourceful fellow, and he's been alway
looking for other ways to do things, poking at this idea for a while: Get
out of the rev IDE namespace and 'remote control' the IDE by using a
temporary plugin and sockets. Brilliant!  I never got the concept editor to
work for me a couple of years ago, but this TRev thing really rocks. It's
more like the zippy editor we had in Hypercard.

T-Rev is to the point and just damn simple. And really fast. Whatever Jerry's
done here, it's a world of difference vs. any other editing tool for Rev.

Another great feature is .... Jerry Himself.. and the anticipated discussion
group that will go with the product. I'm sure a lot of features will be
added with the very frequent updates. So it's a living, breathing,
continually updated application. Watch it being developed before your eyes.

At the same time, I'm sure he's going to keep the "feature-itus" to a
minimum, to keep it lean. Most of the 'good stuff' is there now.

And thanks, Jerry for the ongoing 'Chalkboard' motif...  (I'm probably one
of three people that asked for it in GLX2.)

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://barncard.com