tooltip blocks mouseleave

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Jul 27 22:09:47 EDT 2009

I have a bunch of line graphics on a stack
that have a mouseenter and mouseleave handler
which change the color of the graphic to indicate
the mouse is over the graphic.
Mouseenter changes it to blue mouseleave
changes it to green.

This worked well until  I added tooltips to the graphics.
Now, if I move the mouse quickly

across a number of graphics it looks like the
mouseleave does not always trigger some
of the graphics remain blue.  It appears that
the  displaying of the tooltip is interfering
with  the mouseleave message.  Moving the
mouse slowly across does not result in the
behavior so it seems there is not time to
process both the tooltip display and the
mouseleave message when the mouse
moves quickly across.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this s
hort of removing the tooltips from
the graphics?

Martin