[ANN] Watch a video about a whole new approach to script editing

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Jul 27 20:57:22 EDT 2009

Fellow editors of scripts,

I have really enjoyed the great new features in Rev 3.5 and 4.0, as
have all of us. One of those improvements came in the form of a new
script editor. As a developer of a third-party suite of development
tools, this created new opportunities for our little company (me and
the Missus).

The big opening we saw in Revolution's new IDE was actually not IN the
IDE, but OUTSIDE of it. We wrote a new, compact, high-performance
script editor that lives entirely outside of Revolution. It
communicates with Revolution via a small plugin using sockets.

We made a video showing it in action:

    http://reveditor.com/trev-the-movie

This new approach to script editing is called tRev (TEE-rev). It is
very fast. And it is incredibly stable. I have not had it crash once
in nearly a month of heavy use. Other early adopters are reporting the
same result.

Here's what it does for you:
- compiles
- handles compile errors
- responds immediately to execution errors (without locking up)
- sports twenty tabs
- provides inline auto-completion (clairvoyance)
- updates any or all of its components (has 25 components) without
restarting
- automatically checks for updates on your behalf
- offers no-click inspection from either Rev or itself
- makes itself transparent so you can inspect THROUGH it
- archives up to 30 copies of the stacks you are editing
- lives in its own space without any IDE conflicts

You should click this link to watch the video:

    http://reveditor.com/trev-the-movie

You should click the link below to buy a pre-release version from the
RevSelect store:

   http://runrev.com/products/related-software/trev-editor/

Start the popcorn popping and enjoy our block-buster movie!

Best,

Jerry Daniels
http://reveditor.com