Any thoughts on speed limitations of Revlet?

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 27 01:17:50 EDT 2009

>> Message: 6
>> Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:21:06 +1000
>> From: Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: Any thoughts on speed limitations of Revlet?
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 1:48 AM, James Hurley<jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
>> > wrote:
>
> (SNIP)
>

>> As regards the odd URL, in the standalone settings, I recommend
>> entering a name for the revlet with no spaces or other odd
>> characters.
>> When you build the revlet, you get 2 files: the revlet file and a
>> test.html file. Rename the test.html file if you want and then upload
>> them both into the same folder of your on-rev site. Then the web
>> address will be: http://yourname.on-rev.com/foldername/test.html
>> (filling in the blanks as appropriate).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>
> Sarah,
>
> Your recipe for putting a stack on the web worked like a charm.
> Thanks!
>
> Unfortunately, if Richard is right about the bumpy behavior being
> "natural by-product of running inside the browser" , it does not
> look good for porting games to a revlet.
> Take a look at Nine Ball on the web:
>
> http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/NineBall/test.html
>
> Not good at all.
>
> Jim Hurley

  I restarted my computer and Voila, it is a whole new ball game. It
runs much more smoothly--surprisingly well in fact. Don't know what
happened with the restart.

Only problem was I have to slow it down now. It ran much too fast.
That was best done by adding another preference.

Set the Fast/Slow speed to about 45 and the Short/Long roll to .998

The new web url is

http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/NineBall2/test.html

Note the 2.

This resolves the Nine Ball app, but not the Rainbow app. In that app,
the torch graphic breaks up as I drag it.

Sarah: Should I report this and where to and in what form? The
original RunRev desktop stack?

Jim Hurley