Naive question number 999

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 06:35:20 EDT 2009

Humpf; I will try to fool everybody that my slowness there was
the result of coping with kids in a classroom setting: but, of
course that is not true - entirely my own fault.

Thanks for your pointer:

just checked RTF in the Documentation and found this:

"put the RTFText of field "Destination" into URL myURL"

which looks rather exciting . . .

Set up a stack with a field containing suitably garish text
(orange, right aligned, size 48, disgusting font)
and popped this in a button:

on mouseUp
   put the RTFtext of fld "FFF" into URL "file: FancyText.rtf"
end mouseUp

NBG!

Tried this:

on mouseUp
   put the htmlText of fld "FFF" into URL "file: FancyText.html"
end mouseUp

because of this near the bottom of the Documentation bit about RTF:

"To export and re-import field information without losing any style
information, use the htmlText property instead."

NBG!

This all on the trusty G4 war-horse.  :)

Decided not to contribute a slightly offensive note to the
User-contributed notes in the Documentation
until I can manage to export the flipping text the way it should be
exported.